
RC was at supercross press day for Orlando, his last as a rider. Here's a few comments on the weekend coming up -
On staying focused -
It obviously going to be tougher to stay focused for the race. I have a lot of stuff going on. It's all good stuff. We are fine with it. It's going to be an interesting weekend.
I felt good today, just the little bit I got to ride on press day. It was very motivating. There is no much leading up to the race. For me, the race doesn't start until we come down for the main event, and lap 10, that is when I feel at my best.
Stewart has been very good here. I have too, I have two seconds and I won here in 1997.
On what he will do next week -
Nothing, go check on my beach condo, and get stuff ready for the babies. We are testing cars Friday and racing Saturday. I know I am not riding my motorcycle, I know that. The twins could come any week.
On his partial season in the outdoor nationals -
I know I am doing 6 outdoors. I haven't confirmed yet which ones but I am about ready.
On what he will be thinking on that last lap Saturday night -
On that last lap, the stress level is going to go way down, mentally. That is what I am looking forward to, to get the stress level off my mind. It's been tough mentally as well as physically. It's definitely sunk in and it's a good feeling.